Tuesday, December 10, 2013

Taking Time to Prepare for Christmas- An Advent of the Heart

It occurs to me that over the last year, I've made myself so busy that I don't have any time left to think or to contemplate my life. I complain that I can't tell which direction I'm headed down, that I want God to give me a direction so I can follow it, but I haven't been doing a very good job of following a very basic direction. Slow down. Take time to think, and to communicate with Him. I guess I've been doing an awful lot of talking about Him, and reading about Him, but not a very good job of listening or spending time talking to Him. Or even taking the time to know myself.

Advent seems like a good time to work on that. So I think I'm going to actually start blogging. For some reason, I have to have a way to order my thoughts before I actually think them. I'm not sure why... or if that's normal. Maybe it's insane. But I think better when I'm writing or speaking. This way, at least I can look at my thoughts after I've written them. Maybe I'll find some clarity in the quiet.

So... there are 15 days left until Christmas. That's fifteen days to blog. This first post was a little short... I'm guessing the others will be more lengthy.
~Have a blessed day!

No comments:

Post a Comment